Thursday, January 8, 2015

Je Suis, Charlie Hebdo

I've never been overtly political, but this effects me on a professional level. The outright murder of ten journalists- four of them cartoonists- of the French satirical publication CHARLIE HEBDO by Islamic fundementalists is too much for me to just let pass. You can discuss religious dogma and blasphemy at me 'til you're blue in the face- but NO religion OR god has the right or justification to kill anybody, ESPECIALLY if said person doesn't agree with your  viewpoint, be it expresses via spoken opinion, words on paper, or yes, even a cartoon.  Here's my old CBG characters to further comment on the issue:
A while after I drew up THIS cartoon, I read an article by Bill Donohue, president of the Catholic League, saying while he didn't condone the violence, essentially stated that the CHARLIE HEBDO staff brought the disaster upon themselves. Why am I not surprised he'd blame the victim?

No comments: